Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Five Semi-Unconnected Thoughts I've Been Thinking

1. I have a growing fear that since getting a second dog, I've become my own worst enemy: an annoying Facebook mom who is incapable of talking about anything besides her child, or in my case, puppy.* (For some great examples, please check out this hilarious/totally inappropriate for work website Leah Armstrong showed me.) When I begged Sarah to say it ain't so, she assured me that my fears were ill-founded and that everything I do is awesome. So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you're getting tired of all the dog posts, you can blame Sarah, my enabler.

2. Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is cool. I love it and hate it, because regardless of how effective it is, it's still working out. It. It. It it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it. But it only takes 22 minutes a day and I'm a pound away from having lost 10% of my body weight. INCLUDING MY BONES.

3. Eric Houge is my cousin. That's all.

Just kidding! This morning I read a private letter he wrote to Sarah without permission (and by this I mean I didn't have permission to read it; he had Sarah's consent/violent command to write her a letter) and, after recovering from an hour-long fit of such uncontrollable laughter it was on the verge of painful, decided I'd really like to post some excerpts for all of you to read, but this time with permission. While I'm waiting for his response, it might be a good idea for you to do some brain push-ups so your skull doesn't collapse under the weight of the mind-blowing smartlarity that's about to get dropped. Hopefully.**

4. I listen to the new Beastie Boys album, Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, at all times because it is currently streaming online FO FREE right here (Parental Advisory: Explicit Awesomeness as well as Lyrics). It's off the heezy fo sheezy the most fun and enjoyable album I've heard in some time.

5. All I wanna do is eat pesto.

*Don't worry, I'm not talking about you. Probably.
**If he says no, it's not like the push-ups will have been wasted. I've been waiting for the right moment to tell you that your brain's been looking a little on the flabby side lately.

No comments: