Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Morning After

Well guys, I don't know how to break this to you, but it turns out I am not an overnight internet sensation after all. But not for a lack of trying. Well...not from a lack of trying by my friends and family. I guess my spending approximately one hour recording a crappy song using a prefab GarageBand beat doesn't really qualify as "trying". But YOU guys did and I love you all for it.

I wanna take a moment to SHOUT OUT to my mom, Sarah, Samantha, Bailey, Beth and Kenny for reposting/featuring me on your blog/creating a Facebook fan page. And the thing I am shouting is THANK YOU! EACH OF YOU GUYS ARE UNIQUELY AWESOME AND VALUABLE IN YOUR OWN SPECIAL WAY!*

So now the question is...what's next? I had all these big plans to become a laughing stock, make a million dollars and then star in a Katy Perry video, but it seems my dream bubble has popped and I'm covered in its sticky remains.

In the immortal words of Destiny's Child:

I'm a survivor (WHAT)

I'm not gon' give up (WHAT)

I will survive (WHAT)

Keep on survivin' (WHAT)

That song's gotten me through some tough times, and I'll be darned if it's not about to work its soul-penetrating magic once more.

*Those of you who didn't repost, etc. are still awesome and valuable.

No comments: