Thursday, January 8, 2009

Poprocks & Coke


Ok, so they're not actually Poprocks...and it's not really a Coke. But Green Day didn't write a song called Peanut M&M's & Dr. Pepper...

When I first got my job, I admit I had a little trouble adjusting to my new sleep schedule. I've always been one of those people who could sleep until 11:30 every day, take a nap or two sometime in the afternoon, and still be ready to go to bed at 10 pm. Thankfully, Gary was not that way. He was used to early hours, so every morning he'd be up before me, ready to help me get ready and cook me breakfast. Eggs & bacon, toast, REAL oatmeal (not the instant kind!). It made my transition about a thousand times easier.

Lately though, I'm pretty well adjusted to waking up at 6:30. Reciprocally, Gary's learning how to sleep in for the first time in his life. I would hate to disrupt that beautiful process, so I try to get ready as quietly as possible. Occasionally I finish in time to throw down a bowl of cereal or a banana, but most mornings I end up getting to work with an empty stomach.

Thankfully we live in a world where we don't have to go through an entire morning at work unsugared and uncaffeinated! And to those of you who would argue that chocolate and soda are an unhealthy breakfast, I'd like to pose this question: Is it better to have dessert at the end of the day, right before you lie in bed for 8 hours? Nay. Nay, I say to you, it is not. I refuse to feel guilty; in fact, I encourage everyone to eat dessert the smart way, the right way: at 8:30 in the morning.

2 comments:

Hailey said...

i eat M&M's often when i get to work. no big deal. lol.

... said...

Haha-- your sugar high is way better than my empty stomach!