Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Wanna Hold Your Hand


My sweet, sweet Grandma Howrey had surgery this morning. It wasn’t necessarily a major surgery but she’s 93 years old, so I was still nervous about how she would respond. I’m happy to report that everything went smoothly and she’ll be going home tomorrow.

I’m not sure what I was worried about, because now I remember that my grandma could probably beat you up. Here are a few reasons why:

1. My Grandma Is Stronger Than You. She pretty much has bones of steel, thanks to a lifetime of taking gigantic calcium doses to fight off that pesky osteoporosis.

2. My Grandma Is Better Than You. She has never smoked a cigarette or tasted beer. She thinks she might have had champagne once at a wedding.

3. My Grandma Is More Popular Than You. She has more grandkids than you have Facebook friends, and she is everyone’s favorite.

This post is kinda short, but so is my grandma, and that's the way I like it.

No comments: