Thursday, December 16, 2010

Special Sense of Humor

I know I've mentioned this in the past, but I'm not sure all of you fully comprehend just how "special" my special sense of humor can be, so I thought today I'd take a little time to let you in on the crazy.

Many of you are probably unaware that I dabble in songwriting. That's right. I wrote something new yesterday and I thought I'd share it with you. You're welcome in advance.

It's called "Sticky Hands" and it is set to the tune of "Particle Man" by They Might Be Giants.

If you're unfamiliar with the song, you obviously didn't watch enough Tiny Toons as a child. Not to worry; it's not too late for you. Here's a little refresher.

Without further ado, here's the song that made me laugh 'til I cried.

Sticky hands, sticky hands

My name's Emily, I've got sticky hands

I ate an orange; it stuck to my hands

Sticky hands

If the rhythm isn't quite making sense in your brain, you're probably not squishing words together enough in the second line. Maybe someday I'll post a live performance so you can get the full effect. I take my music very seriously, and I expect you all to do the same.

Also, I must give credit to Sarah for writing the second half of the third line - which, in my opinion, really brings the whole song together.

No comments: