Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Brief Thoughts On Parenting

Here's a video that has become the source of much controversy in the mind of Emily Gray. I can't decide if I'm mad or impressed.



I guess I can't judge since I don't have kids of my own yet. Who's to say I won't be one of those weirdos who ties their kid to a chair until they can successfully recite Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech from memory?

Oh, and just for the record, I DID THAT (memorized the speech, that is...not tied a kid to a chair) in the fourth grade.* I recited it over the intercom at Hartman Elementary for everyone to hear. You are now all free to stand in awe of my early signs of genius (as well as my complete and total failure to live up to that potential later in life.)

*I swear my parents never beat me.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Damn it, Charlotte! How many times to I have to tell you that "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer? Now tell me who the G-damn father and son are or so help me, I'll get the shock collar and throw you back in that white cage! Is that what you want? IS IT?!