Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year! I'm Depressed.

Well, it's the new year, and my living room looks pathetic.

This weekend we stripped our Christmas tree of all its colorful baubles, twinkling lights and the lone sideways-egg-snowman Sarah so lovingly bestowed on me as a "gift" for my first Christmas away from home. Once finished, Gary had the unenviable office of dragging the dried, brittle remains of the tree out to the back porch to have all its branches (as well as the spiders who had taken up residence therein) brutally hacked off. The only thing left for me to do was vacuum up the billion or so pine needles that were scattered throughout my house (using a shop vac no less, because my regular vacuum sucks...or...doesn't, rather.)

So now we're left with a cleaner-than-usual carpet, a lingering scent of pine, and a gaping, seven-foot, tree shaped hole in our home and our hearts.

I'm telling you all this not to garner your sympathy or worry you in any way; I'm merely stating for the record that severe depression, and not laziness, is the reason I slept until 2pm on Saturday...and then went back to bed at 10. 

Also, tune in tomorrow for some BIG NEWS regarding a certain younger sister of mine. I would tell you right now except I'm not sure I'm allowed...plus I'm just kind of a jerk that way and enjoy making you wait.

No comments: