Monday, May 23, 2011

Soapbox Time

Before you read this article, I recommend having a rolled up towel nearby for when you inevitably feel the need to strangle something.

I usually try to keep my opinions to myself so as not to offend anyone...but what's the point of having a blog if I can't occasionally use it to rant about things that piss me off?
Call me a bigot if you will -- but on second thought, don't. I'm just gonna throw this out there: Not everything is okay.

Pause to see if I get struck by politically correct lightning.

Please don't misunderstand me here. I'm all for supporting your children's life decisions, but I'm also for preparing them for the real world (a.k.a. doing my best to avoid getting the crap beat out of them on a daily basis.)

Okay and unschooling? Do I even need to elaborate on how ridiculous that term is?

Basically I just think this lady is the worst. (Actually if I'm honest, it's a toss up between the parents of these poor kids and the person writing the article. Turning the concerned/understandably angry friends and family into the bad guys? Way to try to make the rest of us feel bad for being normal.) The world is the way it is, and raising your kids this way isn't going to change it; all it's going to do is confuse them and make it extremely difficult for them to form relationships, get jobs, and generally function in society. Oh and they're probably going to grow up to hate you for using them as a social experiment.

Rant over. Tune in tomorrow for something decidedly more sunshiny and happy.

No comments: