Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Packin' Heat

Get it?! 'Cause we're packing?! And it's HOT?!

The beauty of being poor is that you might make it through your first three years in a house without accumulating virtually anything. And if you don't have very much stuff then maybe one day you, your husband and your sister would be able to pack up over half of your earthly belongings in under two hours.

At least that's how it worked out for me.

As it turns out, packing isn't so bad. It was actually kinda fun! We found a bunch of stuff we'd forgotten we had, like a pair of large green foam hands that scream, "HULK SMASH!" whenever you nudge them ever so slightly and also a water balloon launcher whose origin I can't identify.

It also turns out that Sarah is a weirdo who loves packing. And I say weirdo in the most gratefully loving way possible, because if she hadn't been there being weird I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have gotten anything done. I get overwhelmed easily, so I spent most of my time running around the house in a panic, touching several things that needed to be packed but not actually putting any of them in boxes.

Seeing this, Sarah very patiently gave me an autism squeeze, sat me down in a corner with some dishes and newspaper and told me to pretend I was wrapping Christmas presents.

And that's how it's done.

No comments: