Thursday, September 8, 2011

Marsala La La La La La La La

I'm still riding the wave of cool-weather induced euphoria, so it seems I'm almost in too good a mood to focus enough to blog, but I'm doing it anyway because I love yall and I want you to have an awesome day too! And if you make the recipe I'm about to share with you, I can almost guarantee that you will!

It came from Cheap Healthy Good and it is one of my favorites. Gary and I had it last night with a little bowtie pasta sprinkled with olive oil, parmesan & red pepper flakes. SO DELICIOUS. You should try it.

Chicken and Mushroom Marsala

PointsPlus value: 10 per serving
Serves: 2

Ingredients:
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 28 oz), halved
2 teaspoons olive oil
1-1/2 tablespoons butter
2/3 onion, sliced thin
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced thin
1/3 cup Marsala
2/3 cup chicken broth
1-1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves (I hate parsley so I skip this part)

Instructions:

1. Gently pat chicken dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown in two separate batches. When finished with each, transfer them to a plate so juices may redistribute throughout meat.

2. Add onion and mushrooms to skillet. Cook a few minutes, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Add Marsala. Stir. Cook until Marsala is nearly gone. Add broth, chicken, and any chicken juices pooling on plate. Simmer until chicken is fully cooked, around 15 minutes, turning once halfway through. (I had very thick cuts, and this still timed out perfectly.) Move chicken back to plate.

3. Keep the sauce simmering until it reduces to around 1/3 cup. Kill heat. Salt and pepper the sauce to taste. Add butter. Stir sauce until butter is just melted. Serve chicken with sauce. Garnish with parsley if you enjoy the taste of freshly mown grass.

No comments: