Monday, April 2, 2012

iPaid

While he's been in Montana, Gary has been completely without computer access. I'm afraid if I try to take over paying our bills online I'll ruin us forever, so yesterday I went to Best Buy to buy him an iPad.

It was easy. A little too easy, now that I think about it.

I remember walking in and telling them I wanted to buy an iPad...something about a credit card...and the next thing I knew I was back in the car, staring at the small white box in my hands and wondering what happened to all my money. Was it in the box? I opened it to check, but all I found was what appeared to be a giant iPhone.

I looked to Sarah for some sort of comfort or guidance, but she just shrugged her shoulders and said in a would-be reassuring tone, "At least now we can play Draw Something..." but I know deep down she was thinking the same thing I was: I am too poor to own something like this.

I'm surprised the Geeks at Best Buy even let me walk out of the store with it. Couldn't they see I was wearing a $4 v-neck from Walmart? Or that I can only afford to use Suave hair products? COULD THEY NOT SMELL THE MEDIOCRITY?

What if I've somehow upset the delicate balance between classes? Uhh, Houston, we've got an Upper-Lower encroaching on Lower-Middle territory...we're gonna have to take her down.*

I suppose only time will tell whether I've done any permanent damage...so in the meantime, my Draw Something name is emilygray86 AND I'M REALLY GOOD AT IT.

*Little known fact: NASA is responsible for maintaining the stratification of the American class system. And they will take you down.

No comments: