I've actually been doing surprisingly well on the not-being-terrified front while Gary's been gone, but I am telling you that there is something weird going on in my house.
Yesterday, the batteries in our smoke detector, the light bulb over our stove and the batteries in my wireless mouse all died. They ALL! DIED! Do you know what it's like having three e-burials in one day? The dogs were beside themselves with grief.
The worst part of it is that our smoke detector has a scary female voice that says "WARNING: LOW BATTERY" and sounds just like the intelligent computer from Eagle Eye. Thank GOODNESS I was on the phone with Gary when it happened, because it would really be a shame if I peed my pants and there was no one around to witness it.
I'm not suggesting my house is haunted or anything. What I am saying is there must be some kind of radioactivity going on that is messing up all the electronics in my house. OOH! OOH! OR! Maybe somebody set of one of those pinch things like in Ocean's Eleven! Yeah, that's probably what happened.
Mystery solved. Now I can get back to worrying about more important things like how to get my hair to look/feel/smell normal again after letting a bunch of high schoolers give me a shaving cream Snooki bump last night.