Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tornado Tim

Hey, for future reference, if you're ever thinking about sending your family a hilarious email about how they're probably all gonna die in the tornado that's in their city, maybe it would be a good idea if you checked first to make sure it hasn't ALREADY HIT YOUR DAD'S OFFICE, 'cause otherwise you might end up feeling like the most insensitive person who ever lived.

Here's my dad's account of the day's events:

"The sirens had been going off for about thirty minutes but everyone was just laughing them off. My boss told me I was being paranoid, so I walked out to the back dock where a few other people were standing to check out the storm. As I looked up at the dark cloud coming toward us, I could see all these big pieces of sheet metal up in the sky, so I said, 'That's a tornado,' took off running into my office and did a third base slide under my desk just as the ceiling started coming in." (Thankfully, no one at the office was hurt.)

There are two morals to this story:

Moral #1: If Tim Howrey tells you there's a tornado coming, you better take cover because there is a gee dee tornado coming.

Moral #2: When all else fails, you can always rely on your baseball skills.

No comments: