Thursday, September 20, 2012

I'm Not Even Mad; That's Amazing!

During my brief stint as a Child Development major in college, I did extensive reading on the three parenting styles established by psychologist Diana Baumrind in the early 1960's: authoritarian, authoritative, and permissive. Every parent was said to fall into one of those categories. 

Fast forward to a few minutes ago when I walked into my living room to find this:


I was indignant, horrified, furious...that is, until I realized that while the pillow form had been destroyed, the pillow case I've been working on for most of my adult life was left completely unharmed. After that I was just kinda like...meh.

Assuming Baumrind's theory extends to pet-parenting, I think we can all agree this puts me squarely in the "permissive"* category.

*Or as I like to call it, "lazy as %@&#".

No comments: