Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Few Grapes Short of a Fruit Salad

Tomorrow I cross the threshold into my twenty-fifth week of pregnancy.

According to my handy pregnancy app from The Bump, Carolina will graduate from the size of a cantaloupe to that of a cauliflower.

This news surprised me since I have doubts as to whether a cauliflower is actually larger than a cantaloupe, but when I clicked over to week 26 and saw that the produce of the week was a head of lettuce, suddenly it all made sense.

Some poor intern over at The Bump was given the task of assigning a fruit or vegetable to each week of gestation and God bless her, she did her best, but she had a term paper due the same day, so can you blame her for phoning it in on a few of them? The poor thing had no idea pregnant women everywhere would take her word as gospel, posting each fruit of the week on Facebook so that all their friends and family would know exactly what was going on inside their uteruses (uteri? uterususes? uterusnuffleupagus?) at all times - 'cause what the heck is Facebook there for if not parent overshare?

Anyway, I thought I'd share the full list with you just because I think it's funny. Particularly the transition from week 29 to 30. HEY-o!
Poppyseed
Appleseed

Sweet Pea


Blueberry

Raspberry

Green olive

Prune

Lime

Plum

Peach

Lemon


Navel Orange

Avocado

Onion

Sweet Potato

Mango

Banana

Pomegranate

Papaya

Grapefruit

Cantaloupe

Cauliflower

Lettuce

Rutabaga

Eggplant

Acorn Squash

Cucumber

Pineapple

Squash

Durian Fruit

Butternut Squash

Coconut

Honeydew

Winter Melon

Pumpkin

Watermelon

Jackfruit

No comments: