Friday, August 23, 2013

Flag on the Play

GARY LET ME PAINT ON THE WALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
Here's something you might not know about my husband: He hates painting more than anything else in this world.

When we first got married, I had all these grand plans to paint accent walls in every room, thinking we could just paint it back before we moved out (since we rent).

Gary was quick to set me straight. Based on his reaction, you'd think I'd suggested he get my name tattooed on his face...and then have it removed a couple years later.

I didn't really mind him telling me no that one time since he pretty much hasn't done it since. (Like when I asked him to build me a mason jar lamp or a coffee table or a new computer desk or a different kind of mason jar lamp.)

Anyway, after a failed attempt at putting a three year old decal* on the wall above where the crib (which he is also building) will go, he gave me the go-ahead to paint something as long as it wasn't a whole wall. IT'S THE GREATEST GIFT HE'S EVER GIVEN ME.

Besides a baby and the promise of a lifetime of love and companionship.

Oh and the coffee table.

The best part is that since I already had all the paint, it cost us zero dollars, which fits beautifully into our zero-dollar nursery decorating budget.

CHEAPSKATES FOR THE WIN!!!

*Not like a decal for a three-year-old...it was an extra decal that we got three years ago because they sent two in the same tube. Apparently you're supposed to use those things right away or they lose their stick-to-itiveness.

2 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

It looks GREAT! Way to go, Emily! Thank you, Gary! You're a GREAT dad!

Ryan, Corrie, Max, and Jack said...

You painted that?!?!?! That is FABULOUS!!!! I'm thoroughly impressed!!