Friday, October 28, 2011

How I Met Your Murder

Gary and I have been doing this experiment with the dogs for the past few weeks where we leave them inside if we're only going to be gone for a short period of time. We started out with a 20 minute trip, then 30, then an hour...you get the idea. (Or I don't know, do you?) And it's been going great! In fact, just the other night we were bragging to my cousin Michelle and her boyfriend Derek (who are visiting from Chicago and hopefully about to make a decision to move here, eh Michelle? Eh? Eh? EH?) about how well-behaved our dogs are.

So naturally, since we got cocky, yesterday that experiment went horribly, horribly wrong. But before I revisit the horror film I came home to, let's take a moment to reflect on the parts of yesterday that didn't send me spiraling into a murderous rage: Michelle, Derek and I went horseback riding around Garden of the Gods for two hours and it was AWESOME!







Ahh, just look at me. So young. So happy. So blissfully unaware of the nightmare that was unfolding back home at that very moment...


Not pictured: A similar situation with the bathroom trash, a shattered bowl* and matching beer bottle** on the kitchen floor, and the contents of two previously unopened bags of Halloween candy strewn all over my backyard. OH and two dead dogs, 'cause you know, I figured that would be kind of disturbing.

*Whose pattern has been discontinued from Target...so what I'm saying is it's practically irreplaceable.
**Which was half full because Gary's either a lightweight or extremely forgetful...you be the judge.

No comments: