Thursday, May 17, 2012

Miss Gnomer

Since entering the real world, Sarah and I are beginning to realize that we've been saying the names of several things incorrectly our whole lives.

For example, apparently a cornmeal-battered hot dog on a stick is called a corn dog, not a corny dog as we've always referred to it. I blame our dad for this because, of the two of our parents, he is far more likely to have been the one feeding us meat on a stick.

It has also been brought to our attention that the elastic band used to hold hair up off the neck is called a hair tie, not a ponytail as we have been known to call it. A ponytail is the result of pulling hair back and securing it with a hair tie. I still have trouble with this one, but I'm making an effort. Whenever I trip up I can usually halfway save myself by calling it a ponytail holder.

The most recent blow to our collective intellect came in the form of a box of Little Debbies we saw in the store that looked like this:

We were perplexed, because we have always referred to them as Swiss Cake Rolls*.  This was becoming a real problem. We started to doubt ourselves. Are we just some kind of cake-obsessed freaks? Is it possible we're not the geniuses we thought we were???

The answer to both of those questions is: Probably. BUT! A little Google Image search revealed that they used to be called Swiss Cake Rolls on the box, so it turns out we're not really wrong; our information is just a little outdated.


Anyway, I'll see you guys afternow. I'm off to do some computering at the place where I job.

Also this:



*Stop judging us. Right now. Little Debbie was like a fourth sister to us.

No comments: