Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What's Up, Doc?

This morning we went to meet a potential pediatrician my OB* recommended. She told us about how if we decided to go with her, she'd come to the hospital when Carolina's born to see how she's doing and then do all her well-baby appointments after that.

When she asked if we had any questions, we looked at each other, shrugged and said, "Not really," to which she laughed a little and responded, "Well you guys seem pretty laid back, that's great!"

I didn't say this out loud, but I was sort of like...well you're a doctor, right? You like...went to school for a really long time? 'Cause I didn't even finish college. So I'm pretty much just gonna do whatever you tell me.

*Who I love by the way. Because she lets me do whatever I want. Like when I asked if it was okay for me to go up into the mountains to work a marriage retreat at 38 weeks (people are generally discouraged from making any major changes in altitude that close to their due date because of preterm labor concerns) and she said, "It's in Buena Vista? What's that, like 2 hours away? Sure, you'll be in labor wayyy longer than that."

No comments: